Need to know how to set up your smart home or smart light devices with Google Home? Follow our easy step-by-step instructions.
The rise and fall of Canadian technology giant BlackBerry is a well known story. But what you might not know is that BlackBerry’s climbing back up into popular culture once again with the release of its brand new phone, the BlackBerry KEYone.
The phone is BlackBerry’s first new offering I’ve paid attention to since I ditched my old Curve about ten years ago. Can it woo back business users and those for whom physical keyboards are a must have? I received one of the brand-new devices to test and review. Continue reading “BlackBerry KEYone smartphone review”
A router is no longer a hidden piece of technology relegated to the basement. Routers are key components to our home networks, whether it’s for surfing the web on a computer, running smart home gadgets, or streaming 4K video. You need something powerful and fast. I asked blogger Ron Leung to tackle the review of a new product on the market. Here’s his review. -Erin
Today I had the opportunity to test the Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 Mu-Mimi Tri-Band Router. The name is definitely intimidating – especially for those who cringe at the thought of setting up a new router. Linksys has been a router and Wi-Fi pioneer since the dark ages of surfing the web when Al Gore claimed to have invented the “interweb”. Continue reading “Linksys Max-Stream Router review (AC2200)”
I recently decided to switch from my Apple iPhone 6 Plus to a new Android phone; the new Samsung Galaxy S8+. Anyone who’s made the switch from Apple to Android or vice versa knows it can be a big change. There are a few things you should know before you make the switch. Continue reading “Switching from Apple to Android/Samsung – What you need to know”
Drying your hair is one of those chores that’s necessary, but you’d be hard pressed to find people who say they enjoy it. In fact there was a time where women used to use washing and drying their hair, as an implausible excuse to turn down a bad date. Fortunately, the technology in drying your hair has come along way since the Mad Men era.
I recently had a chance to get to know some beauty gadgets from T3 Micro. You’ll want to check out my review of their smart curling iron – the Twirl 360 – that curls your hair with a gyroscopic barrel. This time, I’m looking at one of their newest models of hairdryer the T3 Micro Featherweight Luxe 2i is one of the brands newest offerings. Continue reading “T3 Micro Featherweight Luxe 2i hair dryer review”
News release supplied by Apple Inc.
Apple HomePod announced
SAN JOSE, California — June 5, 2017 — Apple today announced HomePod, a breakthrough wireless speaker for the home that delivers amazing audio quality and uses spatial awareness to sense its location in a room and automatically adjust the audio. Continue reading “Apple HomePod smart speaker announced”
YouTubers take note. If you’re looking for a great smartphone to further your video ambitions, the LG V20 could be the phone for you.
With advanced video and photo capabilities, the phone is a videographer’s dream. I had a chance to play around with the V20 for a couple weeks to test and review. Continue reading “LG V20 smartphone review”
Media release courtesy Google Canada.
Google Home – Canada finally gets the device
Google Home is a voice-activated smart speaker powered by the Google Assistant that does just that. Whether you want to get results from Google, turn up the music, manage your everyday tasks or control compatible smart devices in your home, all you have to do is say “Ok Google.”
Now, Google Home is coming to Canada, and with it we’re bringing the Google Assistant to Canadians in both English and French.
What can I do with Google Home Canada?
With Google Home, you can:
- Get help from the Google Assistant: Ask your Assistant on Google Home a question, and it will tap into everything Google has to offer —Search, Maps, Translate and more. You can get the latest on weather, traffic, finance, news, sports, and local businesses when you need them most.
- Enjoy your music: Whether you’re in the mood to listen to a podcast or dance around the living room, Google Home helps you enjoy your favourite tunes. With a simple voice command, you can play songs, playlists, artists and albums from Google Play Music, Spotify, and more.* Plus, you can enjoy news, podcasts, and radio.
- Manage your everyday tasks: There’s never a shortage of things to do in the home and we could all use a little help sometimes. With your permission, the Google Assistant will help you with things like your daily schedule, commute, and more. Plus it’s a whiz at setting alarms, starting timers, and adding items to your shopping list.
- Control your smart home: If you have smart devices in your home, you can use your Assistant to control your lights and switches from brands including Nest, Philips Hue or Samsung SmartThings and more.
- A speaker designed for any room: Google Home’s high excursion speaker delivers Hi-Fi sound quality. It can also hear you reliably thanks to far-field microphones and sophisticated natural language processing. Crafted to fit naturally in many areas of your home, we designed the top to be clean with a hidden LED light ring to blend in.
Google Home will be available starting on June 26th from the Google Store, Bell, Best Buy, Indigo, London Drugs, Rogers, Staples, The Source, Telus, Visions, and Walmart.
It’s hard to believe but toothbrushes have gone high tech. So much so that I’ve put together a series on the blog and the YouTube channel with all the options. This next one I’m reviewing has to be one of the most unusual. Blizzident is not a connected toothbrush and it doesn’t vibrate or send you data, but it’s one of the more high tech toothbrushes I’ve seen in a long time. Here’s why.
The Blizzident toothbrush is a mouthguard-shaped giant mono-brush. It’s custom made to fit your mouth and all of your teeth individually, and as a result you can brush your whole mouth in six seconds. Continue reading “Blizzident high tech toothbrush review”
I love testing out beauty gadgets, so when I heard about T3’s new curling iron which it says will create, “flawless curls, powered by science” I was more than a little interested.
The T3 Micro Twirl 360 is a 1.25″ barrel ceramic curling iron. While it looks like most standard curling irons, its lovely white sheathing makes it look ultra modern. But behind the nice styling is some serious technology, because this curling iron can curl your hair virtually by itself, because it has a built in gyroscope that whirls the curls for you. Continue reading “T3 Micro Twirl 360 smart curling iron review”
When it comes to true smartwatches, there’s not a whole lot of choice; there’s Apple Watch and the Samsung Gear line, plus a small group of others. Yes, you can find watches that dabble in certain smart functions, but for the whole package of functionality, your choices are limited. Continue reading “Samsung Gear S3 smart watch review”