Fans of original Fitbit Flex’s low profile, slim design and ease of use, rejoice! The best things about the Flex have been carried over and improved upon in a brand new band, the Alta.
Fitbit Alta is a new stainless steel tracker, with a satin finish and a sleek, modular design that includes a quick-release feature that allows you to swap in new bands.
You can now pick from classic fitness bands or chic-er versions, like luxe leather bracelets or a silver bangle. One of my favourite parts about the new bands? Tory Burch has once again partnered with Fitbit to design new styles specific to the Alta. I just love the Tory Burch jewelry-style accessories released last year for the Flex, and this only looks like there’s more options to love.
As for the new features that take the Alta up a notch from the Flex:
- Reminders to Move to help you stay active and reduce stationary time
- SmartTrack™ automatic exercise recognition, weekly exercise goals and all-day activity and automatic sleep tracking
- Call, text and calendar notifications right on your wrist when your phone is nearby through on-screen messages and a gentle vibrating alert
- An easy-to-read, vibrant OLED tap display shows your activity stats and the time
- Works with Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices and computers
Fitbit Alta is available today for $169.95 (CAD) for presale with retail availability starting in March 2016, joining the recently announced award-winning Fitbit Blaze™ Smart Fitness Watch. Alta will be available for preorders at Best Buy, Indigo and London Drugs, and at a number of other retaillers later on.