Google Home is a super smart home automation portal that works with just your voice commands. While it can play music and answer trivia questions, and much more (Read Erin’s review of the device here) it can also be used to automate and control smart home gadgets. Here’s how to get smart home devices connected with Google Home.
- Set up Google Home by downloading the Google Home app for Apple or Android.
- Click the hamburger menu (three lines) in the top left of the app, and select Home Control.
- Click the Add in the bottom right.
- Choose your lights from the list. Supported devices include Philips Hue, LIFX, Hive, Honeywell, Nest, NanoleafWeMo, Osram Lightify, Wink and more.
- The app will walk you through what’s required to set up your particular smart home device, which is often as simple as signing in to your account.
Got questions about how to get smart home devices connected to Google Home? Ask away!