The brand new iPhone X is now available. If you’ve ordered one and are still getting to know it, or are wondering what new tricks it has up its sleeve, these tips are for you.
- Better Screen: The iPhone X features an all-screen design with a 5.8-inch Super Retina display, the most durable glass ever in smartphone—both front and back. There are just two colours available: silver and space gray.
- New Gestures:To create a continuous surface Apple nixed the Home button, meaning you now need to swipe apps closedand push and hold them to open the running apps. Despite the change, it’s easy to get used to.
- New TrueDepth Camera: The new camera system has the addition of something Apple calls Portrait mode. Here, a handful of virtual light settings can improve the look of photos and selfies.
- Redesigned rear camera:Not to be outdone, the rear cameras have been redesigned with dual optical image stabilization to shoot better photos with more detail and improved
- Face ID:Your face is now your password. Face ID uses the TrueDepth camera to analyse your face in three dimensions so it can be used to securely unlock your phone.
- Animoji:The TrueDepth camera also enables Apple’s fun new messaging, which uses real time animated emojis. It captures your facial muscle movements, then animates your expressions in a dozen different Animoji, including a panda, unicorn, and robot. Animoji is only available as an iMessage app preinstalled on iPhone X.
- Wireless charging: With a glass back and an embedded charging system, iPhone X (and the 8 line) can now use wireless Chi chargers.
- Augmented Reality (AR):iPhone X is ready for the future with the hardware and software needed for AR. The iPhone X has specially calibrated cameras, new sensors including the gyroscope and accelerometer, and a new A11 Bionic chip to accomadate everything you need for a great AR experience in a smartphone.
iPhone X Tips & Tricks
How to unlock iPhone X with Face ID
To quickly unlock your iPhone X, just lift it up to wake, lookat your display and simultaneously swipe up to go home
How to Access Siri
Press and hold the side button to ask Siri a question
Use Apple Pay
Double-click the side button to pre-arm Apple Pay, then glance at the screen to authenticate with Face ID, and hold your phone to the terminal
Animate with Animoji
To send Animoji, start from Messages > Select iMessage apps > Select the Animoji icon > Choose your favorite emoji and tap record > Tap send when you’re ready to share. Animoji can be shared via iMessage between any iOS and Mac devices. Animoji can also be sent to other mobile devices via MMS. You can also send Animoji as a sticker and save the Animoji you’ve previously sent to your camera roll from within Messages as a .MOV file
Wake the phone quickly
Tap anywhere on the display to wake your iPhone X
Use Lock Screen Shortcuts
You can now access Flashlight & Camera even quicker straight from the lock screen on iPhone X using 3D Touch
How to go Home
Swipe up from the bottom edge at anytime to return home
Access Lock Screen Notifications
Access Lock Screen Notifications by swiping down from the top-center of the display
Where is Control Center?
Swipe down from the top-right edge to open Control Center
How to Switch Between Apps
Switching between apps is as easy as swiping up from the bottom edge and pausing to show the App Switcher (to close out an app simply press the app and tap the red minus sign). For even quicker access to apps, swipe from left to right on the bottom of the display to access your previous apps.
How to take a Screen shot
To take a screenshot on the all-screen iPhone X, simultaneously press and quickly release the side button and the Volume Up button
To force restart your iPhone X, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo
Press and hold the side button and either volume down and side button, then swipe to turn off iPhone
Use SOS on iPhone X
You can trigger SOS on iPhone X by pressing and holding the side button and either volume button for 6 seconds to quickly call emergency services. Optionally, you can also initiate SOS by rapidly clicking the side button five times. The 5-click option can be enabled under Settings -> Emergency SOS -> Also Works with 5 Clicks.