Brand new Fitbit Alta is slim, pretty and does more
Fans of original Fitbit Flex’s low profile, slim design and ease of use, rejoice! The best things about the Flex have been carried over and improved upon in a brand new band, the Alta.
Fitbit Alta is a new stainless steel tracker, with a satin finish and a sleek, modular design that includes a quick-release feature that allows you to swap in new bands.
You can now pick from classic fitness bands or chic-er versions, like luxe leather bracelets or a silver bangle. One of my favourite parts about the new bands? Tory Burch has once again partnered with Fitbit to design new styles specific to the Alta. I just love the Tory Burch jewelry-style accessories released last year for the Flex, and this only looks like there’s more options to love.
As for the new features that take the Alta up a notch from the Flex:
- Reminders to Move to help you stay active and reduce stationary time
- SmartTrack™ automatic exercise recognition, weekly exercise goals and all-day activity and automatic sleep tracking
- Call, text and calendar notifications right on your wrist when your phone is nearby through on-screen messages and a gentle vibrating alert
- An easy-to-read, vibrant OLED tap display shows your activity stats and the time
- Works with Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices and computers
Fitbit Alta is available today for $169.95 (CAD) for presale with retail availability starting in March 2016, joining the recently announced award-winning Fitbit Blaze™ Smart Fitness Watch. Alta will be available for preorders at Best Buy, Indigo and London Drugs, and at a number of other retaillers later on.